Current Job Openings
The Principal of Magnuson Christian School will provide strategic, educational, and administrative leadership to the school community as we pursue our mission and vision. These three leadership areas will inevitably overlap. It is helpful to think of them as distinguishable parts of a leadership spectrum more than neatly separable tasks.
● The Principal collaborates with and is accountable to the Board of Directors in the articulation of the school’s mission and vision.
● The Principal collaborates with and is accountable to the Board in the development and implementation of the school’s strategic and operating plans.
● The Principal collaborates with the Board in the development of the annual budget.
● The Principal is an important, visible public leader for the school and will play a key role in cultivating relationships with institutional partners, including First Lutheran Church and Lake Area Discovery Center, and individual partners and donors.
● The Principal will work with marketing director to coordinate fundraising efforts and seek out other revenue possibilities.
● The Principal provides oversight and direction to the development and selection of the educational curriculum, working with and delegating responsibility to classroom teachers as appropriate.
● The Principal provides oversight to the faculty and staff, including hiring, evaluation, and direction as needed.
● The Principal works with the local school district to support programming for students with special needs or disabilities, including onsite Title 1 program.
● The Principal will work together with teachers and staff to maintain exemplary standards of student behavior.
● The Principal will work to expand the current middle school both in size and in program offerings.
● The Principal will work with faculty and staff to oversee a variety of administrative procedures intended to support excellence in school operations, including volunteer management, the generation of local and state educational reports, the maintenance of appropriate student records, and other tasks as required.
● The Principal will be responsible for enrollment management including the recruitment of new students and decisions regarding class size and teacher utilization.
● The Principal will be responsible for allocating resources and approving spending in alignment with annual school budget.
Characteristics and Competencies
● Vibrant Christian faith
● A sense of calling to lead a Christian school and to grow the faith of children and families
● Strong leadership and organizational skills
● Master’s Degree in Education-administrative licensure preferred but not required
● Experience and growth in classroom teaching and educational leadership
● Emotional maturity and professional discretion; ability to maintain confidentiality when needed.
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Ability to communicate well and lead in public environments
Compensation will be determined by qualifications, educational level, and experience.
Evaluation and Accountability
The Principal reports to the Board of Directors and will receive annual evaluations through the Board President.
Magnuson Christian School has a strong partner church, a thriving preschool across the hall, a tremendous fundraising record, a private foundation committed to our vision and growth, a measurably enthusiastic parent community, and a teaching staff recognized for its excellence. The next leader of Magnuson will step into an opportunity with significant assets for success already in place.
Please send resume along with your responses to the three questions below to Brian Donohoo.
2. Please comment on Magnuson Christian School’s mission statement and what it means to your leadership of Magnuson as a Christian school.
3. Describe your leadership style. Why do you believe yourself to be an effective leader who could successfully lead Magnuson into the future.
Substitute Teachers Needed
If you, or someone you know, is interested in substitute teaching in K-8 for the 2018-2019 school year, please download the substitute teacher application below. Once you have completed the application, please forward it, along with your resume to Louann Lindbeck.