Magnuson Muse & News – October Newsletter
Did you receive the survey asking you to answer 10 quick questions about the start of school? If you haven’t filled out the SurveyMonkey yet, please do so! Click HERE to complete the survey!
The Hallelujah Festival is designed as an outreach event. This simply means it’s built specifically for you to invite someone! While we hope you come and enjoy the event yourself, we urge you to use the event to invite a friend or neighbor. Muster up the courage and try it. After all, if Jesus thought inviting others to follow him was a good idea, it probably still is! Staff from Magnuson Christian School will be there with a really fun craft! There is CUTTING and GLUING that needs to be done to prep for this craft. If you can volunteer some time to help, please reply! Hope to see you! Location: Community of Grace Lutheran Church (home of MCS)
Join us for a special chapel!
The Women of Grace, a ministry of Community of Grace, have purchased new Bibles for our Kindergarten, 3rd grade, and Middle School students, and the students will be getting them at chapel on Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. in the Fellowship room! Having God’s Word in the hands of children at different developmental reading stages is really important. Those kindergartners are SO excited to get their first Beginners’ Bible. Third graders are more competent readers and love exploring the Adventure Bible. Our middle schoolers can dig even deeper with the Quest Study Bible. Our theme this month is JOY, and what a joy it is to give our students the most important book in the world!
Student Council is planning Spirit Week again this year! It’s next week, October 23rd-27th! Please help your child come dressed each day in a special way to show their school spirit!
Monday – Career Day (What do you want to be when you grow up? Dress that way!)
Tuesday – Cozy Clothes and/or Crazy Hair Day
Wednesday – Sports Day (Dress in your favorite team colors, jersey, or uniform.)
Thursday – Spirit Wear Day!
Friday – Wear Fall Colors!
- Picture Retake Day is Friday, October 27th. Because it is Spirit Week, be sure to send a uniform shirt with your child if they are getting photographed again.
- Windy City Players performance of Robin Hood at MCS at 10:45 a.m. on Oct. 27th
- MPTP Pizza Fundraiser Event – Wednesday, November 15th – details to come
- Usborne Book Fair – Nov. 15th-21st
- Admissions Event – Thursday, Nov. 16th at 6:30 p.m. Spread the word to others to come and find out more about Magnuson Christian School – invitations available to give away – see Cheri Buelow
- Grandparent Day – Friday, November 17th from 9:00-Noon – details to come
- Parent Teacher Conferences – Monday, November 20th
What a beautiful day! I love days like today where God gives us a warm summer-like day along with the brilliant colors of fall. My soul wants to sing praises to Jesus for the majestic way He reveals Himself in autumn. It’s breathtaking! So much is happening this month at MCS that it feels like a multi-colored leaf whirlwind! Yet in the busyness if it all, I pause today to thank the Lord for the way He has blessed this school with a wonderful staff, beautiful children, and supportive parents.